- What we do
- Where we work
Early bird registration ends 2 November 2018. Abstract deadline 24 September 2018.
Are you a practitioner or theoretician of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) systems or the application of systems approaches to WASH? IRC in collaboration with several partners will be hosting a major symposium on building and strengthening strong systems to deliver safe and sustainable WASH services for everyone. The WASH systems symposium "All systems go!" will be held from 12-14 March 2019 in The Hague, the Netherlands. Find out more about the symposium topic in the concept note.
Registration for the symposium is open now. Take advantage of early bird registration and save € 100 by booking your place before 2 November 2018 (the normal fee is € 670, students pay € 270).
Call for abstracts
The call for abstracts is also open. IRC and partners invite abstracts and proposals, from all sectors, for papers, sessions and stimulating interventions that address the following themes (or suggest a new one!):
- Looking back and learning forward : Reflections on WASH history and how the sector has evolved over time
- Positioning WASH services within a systems framework, and exploring ways of adapting and tailoring systems approaches
- Understanding the systemic shifts necessary for sustained demand, provision, and use of sanitation and hygiene services
- Systemic approaches to increasing safety and sustainability of drinking water service delivery
- Learning from beyond WASH: how systems approaches and systems strengthening are approached in other sectors
- Tools and methodologies to support systems approaches or strengthening of specific aspects of the system (e.g. collective impact, innovative finance, political economy analysis, systems mapping)
- Theory into practice: How are systems approaches relevant to national and local stakeholders
- Systems building in fragile states: understanding risks and opportunities for systems strengthening in a rapidly changing environment.
- Measuring and learning about the WASH system and its strength
- Suggest a new one! Make a case for your contribution outside these themes and we will consider it.
Timeline for submissions
Abstracts will be accepted on a rolling basis; early submission is highly encouraged.
- Deadline for papers and organised sessions, and presentation proposals: 24 September 2018
- Deadline for side meetings or energiser submissions: 15 November 2018
- Selected submissions will be notified by 26 October 2018 (papers and sessions), 15 November 2018 (multimedia presentations) and 30 November (side meetings and energisers)
- Deadline for revised papers or workshop concepts: 21 November 2018
For practical information, including recommended hotels visit the WASH systems symposium page.