- What we do
- Where we work
IRC is looking for an experienced Event and Business Development Coordinator. Deadline 9am on 21 August 2017.
In 2018 IRC celebrates its 50th Anniversary and a number of events are planned in our country offices and in The Hague to mark the occasion. The Event and Business Development Coordinator has to prepare and manage the country events, conference and evening event.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Production of a coherent project plan (critical path) with clear dates and deliverables.
- Taking part in meetings to help develop the content/look and feel of the events.
- Producing and managing a budget for all activities.
- Manage all tasks related to the event, such as: sending joining instructions, arranging visas, looking after VIPs, arranging AV, translations, entertainment etc.
- Support the Strategic Partnerships team with outreach to potential sponsors/donors.
Some of the requirements are:
- Experience in the events sector, preferably in conference organisation from either client or agency side.
- Experience with acquiring sponsors for events is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to assist in negotiations with sponsors, donors and suppliers and provide effective support to team members working at a distance.
- Works well organised and in a well-structured manner with accuracy and with eye for detail, combined with good organisational and time management skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to work independently when needed but also collectively within a team.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbally and in writing, and preferably also in one other language (French is preferred).
Application deadline: 21 August 2017
Interested? Read more about responsibilities and requirements listed in the full vacancy announcement.