Regional Insights dialogue on "Sanitation & Tourism"
20th Feb 2018
View the Insights: WASH Dialogue & Partnership Forum page
A new dialogue in the Insights series organised by the India Sanitation Coalition (ISC), IRC and TARU Leading Edge will be held on 20 February 2018 in Goa, India, one day before the SuSanA India Chapter Meeting. The theme this time is: "Sanitation & Tourism".
- GM Taj Taj Vivanta
- Tallulah D'Silva, Architect by profession and environmentalist
- Mr Vinay Kumar , Assistant Executive Engineer, Mysore
|2:00 – 2:30 pm||Registration|
|2.30 – 2.40 pm||Welcome address by ISC – Shipra|
|2.40 – 2.45 pm||Opening Remarks by Knowledge Partners – Susana and Eco San Foundation|
|2.45 – 2.55 pm||Context on Sanitation and Tourism by Mayor (TBC)|
|2.40 – 4.00 pm|
Panel Discussion : Moderated by Sanjay Gupta
- How do poor water and sanitation services impact tourism and vice versa?
- What evidences exist in this context? What steps have been taken by the organizations actively working in this area? What is the ground experience?
- What measures can be taken to cater to the water and sanitation requirements of the floating population in touristy centers?
- What kind of services can be provided? Can we standardize water usage, water/sanitation fee/tax for different hotels/restaurants? (five-star, four-star, three-star)What are the global benchmarks for WASH in major tourist centers?
- What are the policy implications for the government? What are the convergence points for tourism and sanitation? How will policy-level interventions for water harvesting, water recycling and reuse affect tourism?
- Can Smart City interventions in the water and sanitation sector help in attracting tourism?
|4.00 – 4.45 pm||Open Discussion|
|4.45 – 5.00 pm||Closing and Vote of Thanks by Ruchika|
|5.00 pm onwards||High Tea and Networking|
Participants can register by sending an email to email@example.com